When writing content, there are a lot of factors you have to keep in mind. You need:
- A great headline that’ll get people to click (without it being clickbait).
- Well-written content that must get to the point, move along, be an enjoyable read, etc.
- Memorable content.
- Content that achieves a goal promised early on. This article on book titles, for instance, implies that it will show you how to pick the perfect book title. So, by the end of the article, the reader should know how to do that, or at least have learned a lot.
- Content that creates engagement. If the article was written well, people will talk about it in the comments. This is especially true if they found something useful or had a question about something. (Hopefully, they won’t leave comments because they found errors or false statements in your content.)
- Content that gets some action out of the reader. This can be a social share, subscribing to your blog, commenting, following you on social, etc.
Today’s infographic shows you how to create content that drives organic traffic. Take a look….
Content marketing is tough, but ensuring you have SEO down (see building an SEO optimized web page) will make your job a little easier.
About the Author: Zach Bulygo (Twitter) is a Content Writer for Kissmetrics.